Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Treasures

I'm starting a new feature on my blog called Tuesday Treasures. Every Tuesday I'll share something new or old I found that I love and vintage treasures I've had since childhood. I hope you enjoy my treasures!

This book I've had since I was 3 or 4 and was the book I probably learned to read with. It has some sentimental value but also has awesome simple line graphics and two color printing that was so popular in the 60's and 70's. The copyright is 1965.

 I love the sweet little rhyming story of the boy who rides the bus from Chicago to visit his Grandma in I'm guessing New York.We lived in Chicago when I was young and I remember wanting to ride the bus that Mr. Gonzago drove from Chicago.



 All these years later I still treasure this book and remember reading it with my mom. Do you have any favorite books from your childhood that you treasure?

4 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Oh! I love the idea of "Tuesday Treasures". I was thinking about doing something like that on my blog too. But maybe I would do "Wednesday's Helpful Pet Tip" hey, yeah maybe I WILL do that!
(so drop by my blog tomorrow if you have time! Ha! Ha!)
I do have a book from childhood stored away somewhere, that was all about "Manners" I kinda remember my mom reading it to me (but not really) ...I mostly remember the page about "not being a cry-baby" being pointed out to me constantly by my NOT-biological older brother...hmmmm, that's a whole other scary story. TMI!!!
Anyway love your idea!
Have a great Day! Xoxo - Cindi

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

I loved this big Richard Scarry book that had all of these detailed little animal illustrations. Ah, books! Great feature.

Jingle said...

This is a treasure, indeed! I love children's books...actually, I collect them! Thank you for sharing this wonderful one with us!

Laurie said...

I have many books from my childhood that I treasure - especially one very big Golden Book about a cat having kittens! I also treasure some of the books I read 1,000 or more times to my son! I'll never part with those -- unless he wants them, someday. (By then, they'll be vintage!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin